Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Red Velvet~Cherry Chip Oatmeal Cookies

There's nothing like a good cookie...and this is a good cookie!  I was inspired by a new product from Nestles'--Toll House "DelightFulls; a filled baking morsel.
It comes in several flavors (I've used the Peanut Butter filled already), but today, I decided on the Cherry flavored filling.  As my sister and I say, "I wonder how they did it?", but they did.  These chips are just a little larger than regular chocolate chips, so they must have used Elves:-D  Combined with the Southern flare of Red Velvet and the wholesomeness of oatmeal, these cookies are sure to Delight you too!

Red Velvet~Cherry Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp. Almond flavoring
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 T Red Velvet flavoring (or you can use red food coloring
2 T Cocoa (I used Cocoa Rouge to boost the flavor and color)
Both of these products can be found at King Arthur Catalogue  
1 1/2 cups King Arthur all-purpose flour
3 cups Old-fashioned Oatmeal
1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pkg. Nestles' Toll House Cherry-flavored baking chips

Preheat oven to 350F-degrees.  Line two baking sheets with parchment and set aside.

In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter, then add the sugars and beat until fluffy.  Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.  Add the flavorings, extract, and cocoa and mix again.

Add the dry ingredients, dried cherries, then the chips and mix just until combined.

Scoop the cookies with a #20 scoop (about 1/4 cup) onto the lined baking sheets, leaving about two inches between them.  Use your fingers to press down slightly on the scooped dough.
Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven.  Allow the cookies to cool slightly, then remove to a rack to cool completely...or if you're like me, a warm cookie is almost like heaven!
Now, who cares what the weather brings--Enjoy!
 

9 comments:

  1. Just right for my morning java! I have a few packages of these Delights and just didn't know which cookie I wanted to use them in. Love red velvet in just about anything, too. Have a great day, my friend! lv, me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the cookies you made with the peanut butter filled chips.
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on a mission today to find these delightful little morsels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um ---- YUM!! Will definitely be on the look out for these wee delights.
    Just back from Panama and need to get back to kitchen :) Holidays are great but nuthin beats cooking up in your own space

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen this product yet, but when I do, I'll be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you have me at cherry chips! Didn't even know they existed at all. These cookies must be very delicious, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm, I wonder if I can find these morsels? How divine these look! xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these cookies sound fabulous. Grab a glass of milk, and what else could you need?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't seen those chips at the store, but will keep a look out. My Grandson would love some to add to cookies.
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete